Intensive Ashtanga Vinyasa Course - Mysore Style
We are the First Authorised Ashtanga teachers in Rishikesh by Sharath Jois. We offer traditional intensive ashtanga vinyasa yoga course at "Ashtanga Yoga Shala Rishikesh" (AYSRishikesh).
AYS Offers the ideal program for beginners and for experienced practitioners either one wish to deepen the practice or to begin the Ashtanga journey. In the course, practitioners will discover a lot of new information and develop skills to improve self-practice and teaching as well.
What will you Learn?
- We follow Ashtanga Vinyasa Prampara which is taught by Guruji Shri K. Pattabhi Jois and his grandson Sharath Jois. During the course, we study the main aspects and principals of Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga and implement it into practice and teachings.
- During the course we help you to build a solid practice based on vinyasa system, applying bandhas, drishti and breath (pranayama). We go through the entire primary series so that eventually practice can become smooth, joyful & meditative.
- We help you to go through yogic anatomy and physiology of human body & Mind. As the primary series is called yoga chikitsa (yoga therapy) so we explain the therapeutic benefits of entire primary series postures.
- To understand the spiritual side of ashtanga vinyasa practice Students are also introduced to yoga philosophy and main ancient yoga texts as it gives a strong theoretical foundation of the practice.
- Yoga practice should not be on mat only but the whole day and whole time in our life. We teach the yoga philosophy, explaining the history of yoga the 8 limbs of yoga and sharing experiences of life and giving some tips to make your life balanced in the contemporary world.
- It is also very important to know your own geometrical physics of body. Balancing at certain angles and balancing the body, extending and twisting body to a certain level and balancing. so we will go through the alignment and hands-on adjustment.
- We go through the whole primary series. Without pranayama yoga is incomplete. so we definitely do breathing exercises (pranayama). we teach pranayama right afterward morning practice.
Only 12 students will be considered so that we can give right attention to all the students
Duration: 14 days intensive course
Dates: October 30th to 12th November.
Fees: 400 USD.
Early Bird Offer: Book the course at 350$ before September 30th.
The confirmation of booking is done after deposit received.
Deposit instructions and details will be sent to you once you receive your letter of acceptance, Payment methods (Bank Transfer / PayPal /Western Union). The rest of the payment may be made on orientation day.
All fees are non-refundable. Students can transfer from one course to another at least one month before the start of that course to attend another. After this time fees are forfeited.
Note: During the course, we do not provide accommodation and food. it is only the course fee. but after you enroll your name we can recommend a good place for accommodation.